0.434 Hectares (1.07 Acres) Main Street, Embsay, BD23 6RE
If you require a tender form please contact the office.
The land is centrally located within the village of Embsay between Main Street and Shires Lane. The market town of Skipton is about 2 miles to the south west and the town of Ilkley about 11 miles to the south east.
Two useful paddocks extending in total to about 0.434 hectares (1.07 acres). The land has frontage with two vehicle access points directly onto Main Street and is bordered to the east and south by residential dwellings. An avenue of mature trees lining a former drive extends north to south along its western boundary.
The land being sold formed part of a larger planning application proposing the construction of 21 new dwellings on land off Laurel Croft and Main Street. This application was refused by Craven District Council. Decision No.: 26/2014/14631 dated 26 September 2014.
A subsequent planning application for the construction of 9 dwellings on land adjacent to that being offered for sale was approved at appeal in November 2016.
Reference: 26/2015/16037 (APP/C2708/W/16/3144209).
Details of the various planning applications can be viewed online at www.cravendc.gov.uk
Method of Sale
• Offers are to be submitted on the form provided and returned to Messrs David Hill, The New Ship, Mill Bridge, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1NJ. The envelope should be marked "Main Street" in the top left corner to enable identification.
• Offers are to be submitted to Messrs David Hill no later than Thursday 16 November 2017 at 12 noon.
• Offers are to be for a fixed sum. Escalating offers or offers referring to other bids will not be considered.
• The vendor is not obliged to accept the highest offer or indeed any of the offers received.
• Offers will be made on a subject to contract basis only and the successful applicant (s) will be required to provide proof of funding prior to instruction of the sale.
• The successful applicant (s) will be expected to exchange contracts within six weeks of their offer being accepted and to complete within seven days of exchange of contracts.
The land is sold subject to an overage clause in respect of future residential development. The vendor and their successors in title will be entitled to 50% of any uplift in value generated by the granting of planning permission for development for a period of 20 years from the date of completion of the sale.
Freehold. Vacant possession on completion.
Wayleaves Easements & Rights of Way
The land is sold subject to all wayleaves, easements and rights of way both public and private which may affect the land.
The land may be viewed at anytime during daylight hours on production of the sales particulars.
From Skipton heading up the High Street to the roundabout opposite the church, take the second exit leading up past Skipton Castle onto The Bailey (A6131). After about 700 metres from the roundabout take the left turn onto Skipton Road to Embsay. Continue on Skipton Road into Embsay, up the hill and round the corner past the Elm Tree Inn where the land can be found on the right immediately after the Village Hall, identified by the 'for sale' sign.
Note: The markers show the centre of postcodes, not exact locations
David Hill is a trading name of David Hill LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales with registration number OC385084.
Registered office: The New Ship, Mill Bridge, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1NJ