Methodist Church, Burton in Lonsdale, LA6 3JT
Guide Price £150,000
- Former Methodist Church situated in the heart of the village
- Full planning permission for conversion to a pair of 2 bedroom dwellings
- Good access to local business centres, rail links and the M6
The Methodist Church is situated in the heart of the popular village of Burton in Lonsdale on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales close to the county boundaries of Lancashire and Cumbria. Burton in Lonsdale has a village shop and post office, a public house, a well used village hall hosting regular events and a sports pavillion with football pitch and all weather multi sport area. The larger centres of Kendal and Lancaster are nearby each offering a more comprehensive range of services and amenities including transport links by road and rail.
This substantial building and former Methodist Church has accommodation principally on the ground floor but with a gallery seating area extending over part. Extending across the rear of the main building is a lean-to providing additional ground floor accommodation while to the front is an enclosed paved area. NOTE: The pews and organ are not included in the sale.
Craven District Council granted full planning permission for an imaginative yet sympathetic conversion scheme prepared by Carleton based architect John Wharton, to create two separate dwellings. Planning permission was granted on the 3rd April 2018. Decision Notice: 2018/18967/FUL.
A copy of the decision notice and approved plans are available for inspection at the agents office in Skipton. The approved scheme briefly comprises the following;
UNITS A & B
Ground Floor: Shared Lobby, Living Room, Kitchen, W.C.
First Floor: Landing, two Bedrooms, Bathroom
Total Approximate Gross Internal Floor Area 107 metres squared (1151 ft squared)
Each unit will have a single parking space to the front and an enclosed rear yard.
1. The purchasers will provide new separate gas and electricity supplies with meter cabinets to serve the adjoining Church Hall.
2. The purchasers will construct the parking spaces and new access arrangements for the proposed new dwellings and adjoining Church hall as approved under planning permission 2018/18967/FUL.
3. The purchasers will remove the lean-to roof adjoining the rear of the church and church hall and build up the opening in the wall between the church and church hall. The finished wall height will remain as existing.
4. The purchasers will disconnect and cap off the central heating pipework that extends from the Church Hall into the Church.
5. The above works will be completed within 6 months of completion of the sale.
The property is connected to mains drainage. The purchasers will be responsible for providing new separate water and electricity supplies as required and ensuring the adjoining Church hall retains connection to its existing services.
Heading north on the A65 continue past Settle, Austwick, Clapham and Ingleton. On leaving Ingleton on the A65 turn left at 'Country Harvest' onto the A687 (A683) to Lancaster/M6/Burton in Lonsdale and continue for about 2 miles to Burton in Lonsdale. The Methodist Church is in the centre of the village on the left, opposite the village shop/post office. A for sale sign has been erected.