The site is conveniently situated approximately 1 mile to the south of the Garforth Town Centre. Garforth Railway Station has regular trains to Leeds, Manchester and York.
An excellent development opportunity in this increasingly popular and very accessible area for residential development. The site extends to 3.27 ha (8.08 Acres) and forms part of a larger site which in total extends to 14.30 ha (35.63 acres).
The site was granted outline planning permission by the Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government in a Decision dated 11th February 2019, Appeal Reference APP/N4720/W/18/3198312 and is subject to a Section 106 Agreement.
The landowners have entered into an agreement with Persimmon Homes to construct the first section of road shown coloured in blue on the sale plan. Persimmon have undertaken to carry out all works and adopt this section of road and access will be provided to this development from this road. The purchaser will be required to connect to the access point from the Persimmon site in the south east (see plan in the online data room) in order to create a loop, which is a requirement of Highways.
Services and Rights of Way
Yorkshire Water have an easement across the land. Details of the water main and sewer crossing the site are included within the Information Pack.
Discussions with Yorkshire Water have indicated that they would be willing to look at an amended vehicular access to their site provided that it meets their operational requirements.
It is proposed that Persimmon Homes will site the gas governor and electricity substation to serve the whole site within Lot 2.
Expression of Interest and Offers
The site is offered for sale by Informal Tender. The vendors preference is for unconditional offers, although offers conditional upon reserved matters approval will be considered.
Offers must contain the following information, as a minimum;
- Offer Price
- Full details of the purchaser and their solicitor
- Proposed timescale for exchange and completion
- Details of any conditions to which the offer is subject
- Proposed layout plan upon which the offer is based
- Proposed timescale for dealing with reserved matters.
- Offers to be submitted in writing by noon on Friday 06 December 2019 to the office of David Hill, The New Ship, Mill Bridge, Skipton, BD23 1NJ.
VAT will be payable on the purchase price
Church Bank House, Church Bank, Bradford, BD1 4DY
Contact: Darren Birkinshaw. Tel: 01274 350800
A comprehensive set of planning and technical documents can be viewed and downloaded from a password protected Data Room, which can be accessed via the property particulars at Please contact David Hill for password details.
To access planning information please call 01756 795621 for login details.
Download planning documents here
Documents Available to Download from Our Website:
- Indicative Masterplan
- Site Location Plan
- Persimmon Layout Plan
- Air Quality Assessment
- Arboricultural Report
- Bat Report
- Coal Recovery Report
- Design & Access Statement
- Flood Risk Assessment and Surface Water
- Management Strategy
- Heritage Assessment
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment
- Landscape Appraisal
- Noise Impact Assessment
- Planning Case Report
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal
- Preliminary Geo Environmental Report
- Response to Landscape Comments
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Emergency Vehicle Access Plan
- Junction Modelling - A63 and Lidgett Lane
- Junction Modelling - M1 and A63
- Merge Diverge Assessment - M1
- Proposed Site Access Arrangement
- Technical Note - Response to Highway Comments
- Travel Plan
- Site Access Swept Path Analysis
- Superseded Technical Note - Response to Highway
- Transport Assessment
- Officer Report
- Refusal of Outline Planning Permission
- Appeal Decision
- Land Registry Official Copy (Register) - WYK409779
- Land Registry Official Copy (Title Plan) - WYK409779
- S106 Agreement
View strictly by appointment through the agent
Leave the M1 (J46) and head east towards Garforth on Selby Road (A63) to the roundabout where the land extends to the south east.